Exterior home painting is no small task. That being said, it is important to know the facts before beginning the process. Here are 5 good exterior home painting tips to get you started.
- Clean the house first. We often don’t take the time to clean the outside of our house, but paint will not stick as well to dirt and dust, and then you’re just wasting your time and money. The best way to clean the exterior of a home before painting is by pressure washing.
- Chip away any excess paint. If you want a smooth paint job, it’s best to take the time and make sure there are no stray paint chips before starting.
- Repair any cracks in the siding or damaged wood. Your paint job will last longer if everything is in good shape before starting.
- Mix the paint. If you have to purchase more paint, mix the new paint with some of the old paint. Don’t start fresh. This will ensure proper color blending.
- Prepare the landscape and other structures for drips. This will help you avoid unwanted side effects of the painting.
Exterior home painting is a serious process, and there are a lot of factors to consider if you’re going to do it right. If you want to guarantee things are done right and get the most for your money, hire our professionals at Unlimited Property Solutions. We will take care of all the details for you, leaving you nothing to worry about. Just sit back, relax, and let us do the dirty work. Contact us today for more information and price quotes.